Teens N Touch (TNT): Learning to Lead
TNT is for students entering 8th and 9th grade in the Fall.
The students in this program will be serving as leaders and assistant teachers during Vacation Bible School (VBS) in the morning hours and then spending the afternoons in fun activities around Chicagoland.
As leaders in VBS, it is important for the students to be responsible and take their jobs seriously. We have seen amazing leadership from our TNT leaders in the past. After a morning of working with the VBS children, TNT students eat lunch and go on an outing together each afternoon. We have gone to Raging Waves, Feed My Starving Children, Millenium Park and Circle Lanes Bowling in the past. Please discuss the expectations of a TNT leader with your child.
- Arrive at 9 am each day of VBS ready to lead younger students, work with adult leaders
- Possibly help with presentation during Missions time during VBS
- Attend training session in June
- Attend Closing Ceremony on Friday of VBS
- Contact assigned teacher/leader prior to start of VBS
- Possibly help teacher ahead of VBS, come on Sunday prior to VBS and help decorate
- Possibly attend a lock-in in June
In past years we have had a team building LOCK-IN in June. Students spent the time playing games and getting to know each other better. It was a great time and definitely set a precedent for upcoming years of TNT.
We have space for 25 leaders for TNT. Our outings typically include Feed My Starving Children, Millennium Park, and Raging Waves Waterpark. We depend on adults joining us in the afternoons to chaperone.
Students fill out an application. Involvement at First Pres helps determine who will be in TNT.